COUNSELLOR TRAINING

Train in counselling and become eligible for individual practitioner registration


Now recruiting for Sept 2024 

All courses run September to June

Accreditation information for Level 4 and 5 forthcoming

Level 3: Certificate in Counselling Skills

This course is aimed at those who have already acquired a recognised qualification in counselling skills, and now want to complete pre-practitioner training for a professional counselling qualification. Units incorporate foundational aspects of theory and psychospiritual practice from across three main therapeutic traditions; Person-Centred, Cognitive, and Psychodynamic.

This qualification is for:

Key Information

Level: Foundational

Guided Learning Hours: 90 hours minimum

Total Qualification Time: 196 hours

Minimum age: 21 years

Entry Requirements: You must have undertaken our Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or equivalent.

Cost: £2250

Day/Time: Wednesday 6.15pm-9.15pm (includes some Saturdays 9:30am -4:30pm)

Format: Live zoom sessions & some face to face Saturday sessions in Cardiff (TBA)

Progression: Upon successful completion students may progress onto the Level 4 Diploma in Counselling.

Level 4: Diploma in Counselling for Psychedelic Integration

This 1 year experiential course gives learners the knowledge, skills and competencies to work as a therapeutic counsellor specialising in psychedelic integration in an agency context in both health care, and in non-medical settings (compliant with SCOPED Column A). With additional experience and support from peers and supervisor(s), or by completing one of our Level 5 Diploma or equivalent, you may progress to independent practice. 

Units focus on working within a user-centred approach to counselling held by a professional framework of ethics, law, and professional competencies. Other units develop an intermediate understanding of altered states of consciousness, and how aspects of counselling theory and psychospiritual practice are applied within psychedelic integration processes from across four main therapeutic traditions; Person-Centred, Cognitive, Psychodynamic, and Transpersonal. Throughout the course you will work with client diversity develop your self-awareness. 

This qualification is for:

Key Information

Level: Intermediate

Guided Learning Hours: 420 hours (minimum)

Total Qualification Time: 1204 hours

Minimum age: 21 years

Entry Requirements: You must have undertaken our Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills or equivalent. Please note before enrolment on this course you will be asked to attend an informal interview.

Cost: £4250

Day/Time: Thursday 9.30am-5pm  (includes some Saturdays).

Format: 70% of the course is face to face (Cardiff, venue TBA), with the remaining 30% via live zoom sessions.

Progression: Upon successful completion students may progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Psychedelic Practitioner Training.

Level 5: Diploma in Counselling for Psychedelic Practitioners

This 1 year experiential course gives learners the knowledge, skills and competencies to work as a Psychedelic Practitioner in an legal agency contexts within health care, and in non-medical settings, as well as a therapeutic counsellor focused on independent practice.

Units focus on working within a user-centred approach to counselling held by a professional framework of ethics, law, and professional competencies. Other units develop an an advanced understanding of altered states of consciousness, and how specific aspects of counselling theory and psychospiritual practice are applied in legal settings to help prepare clients for altered states of consciousness, as well as the facilitation and integration of those states. Throughout the course you will also continue to develop your self-awareness. 

This qualification is for:

Key Information

Level: Advanced

Guided Learning Hours: 420 hours (minimum)

Total Qualification Time: 1204 hours

Minimum age: 21 years

Entry Requirements: You must have undertaken as a minimum our Level 4 Diploma in Counselling or equivalent. Please note before enrolment on this course you will be asked to attend an informal interview.

Cost: £4250

Day/Time: Friday 9.30am-5pm  (includes some Saturdays).

Format: 70% of the course is face to face (Cardiff, venue TBA), with the remaining 30% via live zoom sessions.

Additional Information

Accreditation

© Institute of Psychospiritual Therapy (2023)